How to pick your sunblock
-As the spring and summer seasons are approaching, it is important to protect your skin from the harsh sunrays. Choosing the right sunblock for can be a confusing time. Here are some simple guidelines to follow when choosing and applying sunblock.
- A higher SPF number does not necessarily mean more protection. The increased number is usually accompanied by harsher chemicals. UVB in addition to UVA can be more beneficial for your skin than a higher SPF number.
- Finding a waterproof or water resistant sunblock is also important. This will allow you to swim and sweat without having to worry about your protection.
- If you are going to the beach or will be in the sun from the hours of 11:00am to 3:00pm, remember to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours. This is because the sun will be the strongest during these times. A great tip is to set an alarm on your phone so you never forget!
- While you may be tempted to put moisturizer over your block, please do not. This can clog your pours and create more skin issues. It is however acceptable to put your powdered makeup over your sunscreen. A shortcut would be to use Annie’s Powdered Concealers as it naturally contains SPF 20, a win-win!
- Sunscreen is important during any month but it is especially important during the warmer seasons. Sunscreen prevents sun damage and helps your skin look young and radiant.
- Self tanners are a great alternative to exposing yourself before the sun, you will never have to worry about getting wet!